Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Email Received February 24, 2010


This week has been long. really long.

We have gotten a baptismal date for an investigator that we've been teaching since Hermana Secrist was green. We're excited, and since it's just the other side of transfers, we'll be able to come back and see.

Speaking of transfers, I'm almost positive that Hermana Secrist is leaving. She's been her whole mish (11 months) in Carpentersville. She's looking forward to seeing some other part of Illinois

No I did not send the letter to the branch. I read it, and decided to revise it. I hope to get it out today.

I have to freely admit that I never had the opportunity to see the jazz play. All I know is that everyone loved Myrddun. I think, if the High school ever gets their act together, he should be in a high school play.

As for Myr not knowing what events he wants, that's not surprising. He's never really run before. I think he would like either hurdle jumps or a high jump. no throwing for him. his aim, while not as bad as mine, is a little off.

We had a few days last week where it was quite nice. Of course, The weather quickly turned to snow. While I'm not in the city, the wind and snow are unpleasant. Still, I wonder what I will do in the summer when I no longer have my coat. I'll be pocketless.

Those pictures of Teg are darling. I'll have to get a thumb drive or something to put them on, so I can print them. Also, that Picture of ShuKurimu was taken at the hands of a certain blond little girl, I know; no one else would do that.

In the end, all is well with me. We haven't had to buy real food in longest than either one of us wants to think. we live on crackers, string cheese, and yogurt between meals given us by members. yesterday, we were obliged to eat 4 LARGE meals(those plates they give you in Mexican restaurants are only a slight exaggeration), and essentially had another 2 given to us to save for later. I don't think any amount of working out is going to counteract the sheer volume of food we're expected to eat. It's causing some issues for both of us; even when we're not being fed, the idea of eating is disgusting for several days after a day like that. We're also having issues getting enough water. when the person asks you if you want soda or water to drink, it doesn't matter what you say, you're getting soda. Luckily, when I went in for my doctor's appointment, she told me firmly (in Spanish) that I have to let them know that I am not allowed to drink soda. So I have an out for something that I'm almost sure adds up to 600 extra calories every day.

I find I'm missing little things from home, with an Oxford (NOT Webster) dictionary being at the top of the list. If I ever find a good bookstore around here, I may indulge; you know how I like my words.

I love and miss you all, and pray for your health.

con todo mis sentimientos,

La Hermana Jones.

No candy accepted