Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Email Received February 10, 2010


Ok, I hope you all are ready for this. Please make sure the following announcement ends up in the blog and is sufficiently talked about.

At Zone conference this past month, we got a special surprise.

President Doll got up in front of the group, and, after saying something about changes, endurance, and faith, announced that the Illinois, Chicago, North mission would cease to exist as of this July.

(Insert panicked silence here)

Instead, we will have the Illinois Chicago Mission, Which will include most of the state of Illinois and a bit of the areas roundabout. Basically, the North and South missions are combining. (Which also means that yes, as of July, Oprah Winfrey is in my mission area.)

As we're all looking around at each other to see reactions, my companion gets up the guts to ask if President Doll will still be our mission president. He is, of course, as he's new to this mission.

That said, my potential to go to the city just got a lot smaller (I'm not exactly unhappy about that,) and the number of potential companions I have just doubled. It will be interesting to see what happens for those first few transfers, that's for sure.

As I alluded to last week, I had my first baptism. Esteban has worked hard to grab on to what little understand of the gospel he could, and despite half the program not showing up, the baptismal service was beautiful and inspiring.
Now we just have to get the poor boy integrated in the branch.

We've got a couple of baptismal commitments in the works. One is way off in the future (Which is better than before; we've been trying to get her a date since I got here) and another is next transfer. We have another that is hanging in the air, and a whole pile of testimonies we need to build.

I have to admit, driving in the snow is not fun... especially when you receive a notice that your car has a recall on it and is now no longer named Harvey, but Harvey, Car of DOOM, and could suddenly accelerate out of control at any moment.

^_^

That said, we've also learned that it is physically impossible to get as many citas in when the snow is this bad. It takes hours to get anywhere, and there are accidents all over.

Side note, way late, Happy Birthday, Daddy; hope you like the picture I sent you.

Love you all, and miss you. Myr, you punk WRITE ME!

And to Teg:

___@__@___
==========

"I always I feel like, somebody's watching me!"

(It’s supposed to be the geico money stack.)

Have a great week.

La Hermana Jones