Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Email Received February 3, 2010


SO. Things go on, and I'm not sure what to do.

We have our first baptism this Saturday at 1:00. We're praying and hoping nothing goes wrong...

Our tribe is distinctly lukewarm right now. We're going to try and plan to get them a little more fired up.

We have a baptismal commitment right now, one guy who we're never sure is he's serious or not. He has a couple of word of wisdom issues, so we haven't given him a date... slow but steady.

I've not been sleeping well. I wake up frequently, wondering if I'm up to the task. This is irrational and totally not important (the lord qualifies whom he calls), but damaging all the same. I'm a basket case right now, which is bad all around.

I love the members very much, despite all the frustration in my last letter. I just feel like I'm trying to reach across a gap without falling in. of course anyone who know about my natural grace (or rather the complete lack thereof) knows how much of a struggle that is for me. That said, I do not scold, and I'm not condescending (not intentionally, at least.) just frustrated.

We're trying to cut down of visits to members... but it doesn't really change anything since all our investigators feed us too. We even get fed when out knocking. We're supposed to work out for 30 minutes every morning... at 6:30 am. While I appreciate the necessity, I'm a complete zombie at that hour. Hermana has told me that I often spend 15 minutes staring at the wall, doing nothing. I believe it. I'm trying to improve, but I'm just not THERE at that hour. (No, I don't want to shower first thing. showers put me to sleep, as you well know.)

Hermana Maren M Jones