Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Weekly Email, Received March 3, 2010


This is going to be short, mostly because I too am very sick, and would like to get some bed rest before the evening begins.

Hermana Secrist is out. I cried a lot, which was awful because I’m so stuffed up. She’s gone to Skokie (I think that's how it's spelled,) and I have received Hermana Pedilla as a new companion. I'm afraid what with my sniffing and coughing and losing my voice (and brain) I have made a poor impression. Still, I hope she will be able to help me and that I'll be able to help her. I don't think I'll have another friend like Hna. Secrist, but that's life. We can't all be best friends.

We had a conference between the two missions this Thursday, with elder L Tom Perry as the featured creature. I got to shake his hand, and just about got lost in there. He is a wonderful, kind man, and a powerful speaker. I learned a lot about myself through what he said.

This week we've done a lot of running around. Everyone sick, so we've gone several times to backups three and four deep. I only hope we can get more lessons in this week.

Hope you all get better. Tell Caedy that if Rhawnie beats her, she'll never live it down. Then tell Teg to ask his sisters to read to him from the books.

 ^_^.

Lots of love and hope,

La Hermana Jones.