Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Email Received March 30, 2011: "Oh Mr. Sun"


Well. This week really kind of stank, in terms of missionary work. It was a long, boring, unproductive time, made up of knocking, mixed with being dropped by our last few investigators.

That said, I think I feel Ok. Now, at least.

By the time Saturday rolled around, I felt awful. I was disappointed, frustrated, and energyless. (I haven't slept well in almost two weeks. Grr.) Our coordination sheet had two names on it. We got to missionary coordination, and I tonelessly and emotionlessly went through the motions of trying to find members to come with us. Well, the district leader noticed, and after the meeting, asked if we were OK. Well, we basically went through the whole "absolutely, mostly, kinda-sorta, maybe, no." Well, he gave us a mixed motivation/chew out, and as the day went on, and I began to feel better. (P.S. I have learned in the mission that I'm not happy if I don't get chewed out on occasion.) Since then, things... well, they haven't picked up, but I feel better about it. I'm back to feeling good about doing missionary work.

More about Herman Walser: Born and raised in Utah, she's seen a lot. Her dad makes movie sets for a living and is currently applying for a job to manage church productions. She was an English major, currently is an entertainment management major (something like that) and is, according to Brigham Young, a "menace to society." She's sweet tempered, and just recently decided to find her way back to the church. Her greatest accomplishment in her mind right now, is that she's been sober for two years, a fact which she proudly shares every chance she gets. She's happier now, she says, than she's been for much longer than that. She's a classic pale beauty, with dark, curly hair, ivory skin, and a beautiful smile. Trouble maker and daredevil, she likes motorcycles, swimming, and movies. She's struggling with Spanish more because she struggles with grammar in general.

Slowly warming up out here. Can’t wait to get home, though, and back to the desert. Never thought I would want to, but so it is.

Sincerely,
Hermana Maren Jones