Monday, April 18, 2011

Email Received April 13, 2011: One Last Shot


Second to last e-mail.  Creeeepyyyyy.

We went to the city today, my last time in grand old Chicago. We went to Navy Pier again. I really liked it. Hermana walser spent most of the time talking with her past companions. She and I have bumped heads a little recently. I feel like I'm walking on eggshells around her a lot. Still, we're getting along well enough. She’s really frustrated with the area, and I don't blame her.

Flipping through my past e-mails, I feel strange. 18 months summed up in 70-odd pages. Huh.

Found Rosa the other day. She’s still being mobbed by her family, but we had a few minutes to talk with her. We met her mom, officially, and we are going to see if we can start teaching her too.

I'm working hard, trying to give Hermana Walser a good introduction to all the members possible. Even if she can't speak the language, I'd like the members to be familiar with her, because (not sure if I ever mentioned this) president Doll has basically promised her that she'll be training, either this transfer or the next, most likely this.

We have Zone Meeting tomorrow. I get to give my departing testimony. I hope I know what to say, and how to say it.

Stray thought: Most of the other missionaries have had a topic for their homecoming talk before they go home. I wonder if I will get such a luxury.

Miss home, miss you guys, can't wait to see you.

Hermana Maren Jones.