Monday, April 25, 2011

Email Received April 20, 2011: We Are The Champions Right Now


Ok, I sent a snail-mail last Thurs, but just in case it hasn't gotten there yet:

I HAVE MY FLIGHT PLANS!!!!

I mean, AHHHHHH! It's real! I'm really going home! This is worse than High-school graduation! I'm never going to have this experience again! I mean, yah, I plan on serving again with my husband, but that's not the same. (BTW, y'all heard the Elder Holland quote saying we need every able member to serve 3-4 missions? I'm one down, 2 to go. ^_^) this was GOLDEN. I'm sure going to miss it, but at the same time, I can't wait to get home! I'm an emotional mess. I can't wait to get out of here, but I don't want to go at the same time.

Oh yeah, mentioned my departing testimony last week, right? Well, it was such a rush. The spirit was so strong. I don't really remember what I said, aside from the fact that it was not at all what I was expecting. But a week from now, I'll be on my way to the Chicago temple one last time. EEEEK.


OK, emotional outpouring over.

Had a great lesson with Imelda and Everardo yesterday. We reviewed the first lesson, because they didn't really get it the first time. but this time, at least for Everardo, it seemed to hit home. he got the significance of the apostasy, the miracle of the restored church, and he specifically talked about how just studying the Book of Mormon or the Bible alone would not be enough. I think he might make it. Imelda is still like, "God is good, but I'm catholic. I go to mass when I can." Problem is that they might be deported soon. Grr.

Had our first lesson with Rosa in a while. She's still good. She's shy about the whole baptism thing with her parents around, but she still really wants to be baptized. I just hope she doesn't disappear when I leave.

Ruben is in Mexico again. Hope that the new missionaries will get back with him again.

Hermana Walser is making herself known with the members. She's getting better with her Spanish. I hope she gets a native companion at some point. I know it helped me a lot. But there aren't any natives; it seems in the newest group.

Today, we're going to a sports complex for a zone activity. I'm happy. I'll get to see all my elders and sisters one more time.

Not much else going on, except me freaking out. It still doesn't seem real, all the time.

Love,
Hermana (not going to be able to claim that for much longer) Maren M Jones