Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Received March 23, 2011: Hanging In There


I really don't know what to say about this week. It's been rough. We're having a hard time getting in to see people, and I've been hesitant to set appointments these last few days because Hermana Walser has been sick. But more than that, I have a huge problem.

Hermana Walser does not speak Spanish.

Not her fault. I totally understand how it happened. But the issue remains that I'm doing everything right now. She bears an awkward testimony in every lesson, but that's all she can do. I have to take all the phone calls and teach all the lessons. So I have to teach her the area and the language before I leave. Yikes.

In all other ways, she's a sweet girl. Not much teaching experience because she can't, but really willing to serve these people any way she can. She's lived a rough life, and she's not sure what to do about all the changes she's going though now that she's gotten active in the church. Hope I can help her be a strong teacher.

In happier news, we have a new investigator who just showed up to church this Sunday. Issue is, he lives in the middle of nowhere. We're going to have to adjust our schedule to go see him.

Not much else this week. It has been really slow.

Sincerely,
Hemana Maren Jones