Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Received March 16, 2011: "I Wonder Where The Birdies Is?"


So, I figured I would send about 65 emails during the course of my mission, if I remember correctly. I'm going to have over 70 I am pleased.
So, to begin the craziness of this week, (which I will recount in reverse order) I will say that today is over 50. I'm thrilled. I am DONE being cold in skirt.

To continue, we had a shock yesterday.

We were set. Hermana Lockwood was sure she was going to be in Woodstock for a while, at least, until she killed me. We even had full appointments on Tuesday and even one today. We were so sure we were staying.

Ha.

Hermana Lockwood has been called to serve in the Westchester 2 ward. At first, I was heartbroken. She and I had gotten to be really good friends, and we had (I know, stupidly) planned a lot to do together this month. Now we're on opposite corners of the mission.

The weird part: She is going to be working with Hermana Gailey, who is going home the same day as me, and in turn I received Hermana Gailey's companion, Hermana Walser who is going to kill me off. I guess the good part is that we're sure to see each other again at transfers next month. Still weird.

So, moving backwards.

We haven't seen Rosa in a week. Her family has been driving her nuts with non-stop visits. Ruben is still out of town, so we’re really struggling with lessons now.

Moving back in time, our district leader, Elder Rapier lost his companion, Elder Swenson, a week before elder Swenson's birthday in an emergency transfer last week. He was kind enough to not eat the three epackaes of candy that came in for his lost companion.

That’s about all for now. Still reeling from transfers.

Love,
Hermana Maren Jones.