Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Email August 11, 2010


So, last week, we had missionary week for the youth. We basically tried to replicate some of the MTC Experience, and gave them the opportunity to go out with either us or the elders. The youth ate it up, but the parents had other priorities, with the end result that we basically only managed three days of the program. Still, the youth loved it, and I think with a little bit more hype for the parents, and attacking the whole ride issue early, It could have been very successful. I'm going to work up a packet that other missionaries can use.

In other news, We got the whole fire-alarm issue resolved. Remember what I said about burning things in #38? Well obviously burning a tie is a smoky affair, and elders frequently remove fire alarms to do it. In this case, They had hidden one behind the mirror in the bedroom. SO, the second time the repairman came in to replace both units, We started freaking out because he had them both disconnected and the batteries removed. I was about 12 hours total short sleep, so after many apologies and thanks, I just about had a breakdown. that said, all is now well in the world.

Antonio is not getting baptized. He's changed his mind, saying he's not ready yes. says he wants to "study some more." We had a long and detailed conversation, covering all the possible issues, to no avail. Hermana was heartbroken, but there is nothing we can do.

Sounds like you all are having a great summer. I'm glad. Keep on rocking.

Oh, and Kudos goes to Myr for trying to get me Jemile's address. Sadly though, it's not quite right. Someone PLEASE get it to me? I CANNOT miss my cousin's marriage!