Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Email August 18, 2010


This week has been kinda hard for me. I've been really tired, and having a hard time getting moving in the morning. I'm sleeping well I think, and the weather has cooled a bit, but I've been frequently nauseous and I've been having a lot of headaches. I don't think I'm dehydrated. I've had a hard time gathering my enthusiasm for the work, even though we've been having some fantastic lessons lately, and some huge miracles. In fact, I'm having a hard time motivating myself to do do anything at all. I'm not unhappy per-SE, but I'm definitely feeling lazy.

It might have something to do with transfers. Today, Hermana Secrist, my trainer, and Hermana Goodman, my companion in The Loop, return home. Hermana Secrist goes back to Utah State in about 20 days, Hermana Goodman back to BYU in about 8. Hermana Goodman has learned, through inference, that she and her boyfriend (who served in the St. George mission), in addition to going home the same day, will be riding the same plane out of SLC to Oregon. As neither one will be relieved of their calling yet, This promises to be hopelessly awkward.

In other, more exciting news, the mission is short about 14 missionaries. As P. Doll has just opened up a few new areas, this is having some interesting effects: Sister "Grandma" Lyon (the oldest non-senior missionary in the mission) has been covering about half of our area on the English-speaking side. She's going home today too. Her companion has already returned to Temple Square. (Temple Square missionaries serve 4 months in other US missions doing regular proselyting work, and then return to Temple Square.) And guess who's going to cover their area in the current man-shortage.

C'mon, guess.

That's right: Yours Truly.

So, with high anticipation, I'm working on memorizing the First Vision in English, and re-thinking my teaching methods on the assumption that not everyone I meet is going to be catholic or former-catholic. Not to mention our number of investigators has just doubled. As has the number of meetings we have to go to.

Wish me luck.

Maren