Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Email Received January 5, 2011


So, this week has been less than spectacular for me. Although I'm very ill, we've gone out and worked almost every day. Started New Years Eve, and has carried on. I think the general issue is I'm not resting like I should. My voice is basically gone (which makes lessons very interesting) and I probably would have been fine by Tuesday, except we had to take the car in to get it fixed, which took forever, so we ended up (Myself, my companion, and the English Sisters, who also had to get their car fixed) wandering around Crystal Lake in the freezing cold all day, looking for somewhere to sit down and study. Needless to say, when we were all done at 5 PM, I went home and to bed. Yesterday I was feeling better, but last night, I spent coughing all night long. If I don't feel better tomorrow, I'm going to call Sister Doll and get to the doctor.

The punch line to all this is that I'm not running a fever. My average temperature is 97.8-98.0, at least with my current thermometer. All this week I've been running 96.2-96.8, and that's when I haven't taken Tylenol all night long. Suggestions welcome.

We had an interesting lesson the other day. It was at the end of the day, and I being sick, was pretty much out of it. We were wrapping up a plan-of-salvation lesson, when my companion, out of the blue, asks this lady to be baptized. Well, I start paying real close attention. The investigator says yes immediately, and we begin to promise her blessings.  Her face clouds over a little bit as we go along, and she finally says, "Wait, I've already been baptized. Is this going to be OK?" We're out of time, but we tell her it is, and we will explain more of the hows and whys of baptism the next time. (We were already planning to give a lesson 3, which is the 1st principles and ordinances.) She still is unsure, but I found it interesting that, when all she was doing was following the spirit, she said yes, but the moment she began to think about everything else. She doubted. I still think she'll make it. We've just got to get the idea of apostasy through to her in a real way.

that's all here. Love you. Miss you. Wish you the best.

Hermana Maren Jones