Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Second Email From Maren on April 7, 2010



Maren sent a second email just for me (Ty).  I liked it and want to share it with everyone.  The first part is my original message.  The second is her reply.  With this message goes a request for you to start sending Maren tokens of your affection.  It doesn't have to be much.  Just being remembered is the important part.

Hi Maren.  This weeks letter is going to be very short, as I'm currently working on passing a kidney stone.  The doctors have me on a lot of pain killers.  Your mom says I'm the ultimate space case and thoroughly dopey.

I just wanted to write and tell you that I love you. I'm proud of you.  I pray for your success.

Your mom says she will write with the news of the family.

Is there some type of goody you'd like for us to send to you?  I made bread the other day and I thought of you.  Not sure what condition a loaf of bread would reach you in, but if there is something you want, please let me know.

Work hard.  Study hard. Keep the rules.  Try to love your companion.  Love all you meet and teach.  Even killer bunnies.  Remember your prayers and make them meaningful.

Love,

Dad

Yep, you're dopey.

I'm sorry about the kidney stone. I've been having a hard time drinking enough water, too. I carry a bottle with me, but I hardy ever drink. I don't drink in appointments (because we have to be careful of the whole food-pride thing) and I drive so I don't in-between either.

As for goodies, bread would be wonderful, maybe you could plastic-wrap some rolls, and them send them packed in a paper-lined box?

To tell the truth, out in the field, what you get doesn't matter so much as getting something. For example, elder Trujillo got a purple and pink stuffed snake. he loves it, and it's always in his car. He doesn't like snakes, or stuffed animals, and he hates pink, but someone went to the trouble to get it for him, so he loves it. As missionaries, we're hardly ever wanting, so it really is "the thought that counts."

I hope you get well soon. Drink lots. I miss you, and pray for you.

Sincerely,

Maren