Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Email March 24, 2010


As I'm sure father laughingly reported, we got more snow this week, and on the first day of spring, no less. It SHOULD be the last of this winter. We all blame Pres. Doll because he said he hoped it would snow one more time.

I freely admit I've been very negligent with my camera. I won't be able to print you pictures this week, but next week I should be able to. Regrettably, I have no means to e-mail pictures: the computers here at the library do not have SD card readers, and are frozen, so that I cannot install drivers for my camera.

I am sorry for not giving you more heads up for the Video. We never know what is going on the blog.

Everyone has a cage of birds outside the house. They croak at us whenever we pass by. While we've seen several parrots, none of them talk, which is sad. I want to talk to a parrot in Spanish.

Hope springs eternal. We’ve got to find someone eventually, right?

Hermana Padilla has been in for some hard knocks this week. I'm very blessed to have a hearty appetite - generally; I can eat like an elder. Hermana Padilla cannot. We’ve been having some interesting dinner appointments as a result.

Not much else to report. We've really not done that much this week.

By the by, several elders have a copy of what is named the "Nashville Tribute" CD. The songs are amazing, and focus on the story of the early church... but they are NOT motab, by any stretch of the imagination. My favorites are "Say Uncle," an instrumental that is dedicated to the Smith brothers and their legendary place as stick pullers, and "Sleep," which is dedicated to all the pioneers who died crossing the plains.

Also popular are soundtracks to Braveheart and Mulan. The mission is just plain odd, sometimes.