Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Email Received April 7, 2010


General conference was awesome. I liked Saturday best, end evidently, the priesthood session was "one of the best," according to President Monson. However, something kept bugging me, and I didn’t really figure it out until Sunday. I realized, as I listened to all the familiar voices, and felt the special spirit, that I wasn't used to being in a church building for general conference.

I was used to being at home.

I'd be sitting on the couch, drawing or something, and someone would be sitting on or near me, while someone else played quietly on the computer. Someone else would be in the kitchen, making sandwiches for themselves and Tegryd, maybe for everyone.

I started crying. Luckily, the room was dark, so I don't think anyone saw. Still, I really just wanted to be home, for a little bit.

This has been an up and down week. We've dropped a lot of people, So we don't have deep back-up plans. still, the next should be better. a lot of people who went back to Mexico for Semana Santa (Holy Week, including Pascual for Easter) should be coming back.

Today, we have plans to take the English young women tracting. Since these girls are seriously considering serving, this should be fun.

We've nailed down an alcoholics anon. for one of our investigators. The problem: it's in St. Catherine's catholic church. Wish us luck.

Love you all and hope that you're being good missionaries, too!

La Hermana Jones