Monday, June 28, 2010

Received June 23, 2010


This week, so far, is really HARD. There are a lot of hard core issues we've been confronted with, and both Hermana Goodman and I are feeling very down. I don't feel like going through them right now, but suffice it to say, sometimes it seems like people refuse to be happy, and want to pull everyone down with them, too. Hermana Goodman (I did mention she's a former Marine, didn't I?) is seriously agitated. I suggested we make a punching bag for her. She said it would be easier to just string up one of the elders from the rafter. I naturally asked if she had a preference. This caused some deep thought. Although the elders here are very energetic, they're very young... or at least they act it, and both Hermana and I have often felt like we have half a dozen little brothers.

It's raining hard, so we're staying home today. Hoping to get some letters written.

I made it up to 3-6 on my bike. Probably going to leave it there. Riding a bike in the Windy City is really annoying - it doesn't matter which way you go, the wind is in your face the whole way, and this week it has been pretty strong. My legs are killing me. I'm waiting for the moment when I'm no longer in pain, and at this point, wondering if that will ever come. I have no affection for the bicycle at all. I admit that I would hate driving more, but still....

Make note that the mission office is changing. Please make sure the new address, which I already sent you, is spread far and wide.

Sorry this is so short, but I'm feeling really out of it.

Love you all, and miss you very much.

Maren