Monday, June 28, 2010

Received July 12, 2010


So, the bike isn't getting better. I'm really sore, and still stuck on 3-5. I relay want to get one higher, but we'll see. Rain is killer on the bike, and I really, really want to get back to the dessert. I never realized how killer humidity was.

I'm still not really enamored of Chicago as a city. I mean, it's a little bigger than the others, but really, aside from a fantastic selection of cheeses, I'm not sure what the big deal is. I mean, it's a city: the only difference I can see between this big city and any other I've visited is that it's slightly more multicultural. Kind of. Am I missing something?

We're going to Navy Pier for P-day today. I'm not sure what's down there, but I'm determined to have some fun.

On a "Maren is easily entertained" note, THERE ARE FIREFLIES HERE! I mean, WOW! I've never seen a real live lightning bug in my life, and here they are, showing up in the middle of the most metropolitan area of the mission. I mean, it's so COOL! Especially as they're all really attracted to Hermana Goodman. If I weren't a representative of the lord, and duty-bound to act my age, I'd be out catching them.

Ok, almost out of time: spiritual moment:

About to end the lesson, kneeling for prayer, an investigator asks "Can my kids come to my baptism?" the catch: we hadn't even asked her to be baptized. ^_^

Love you all, and missing you a lot

Hermana Maren Jones