Thursday, May 13, 2010

Email Received May 5, 2010


So things are finally looking up.

We've been mixing it up, tracting, and while we're not getting better results, they certainly are more interesting. We’ve been getting some relay positive feedback, and people are starting to smile at us and wave, I hope that's a result of the fact that I make it a point to smile and wave ALL the time.

I'm sorry my letters have been so short. The fact of the matter is, our investigator pool has been hovering around 4 for a long time. We’ve not taught anyone for more than three weeks at a time all this past transfer. We're having fun teaching, but we’ve got nothing solid. This week will be different, I hope.

In an interesting bit of contacting, we've discovered a group of people who are fairly well aquatinted with the bible: ex-cons. in general, I find that they have a greater willingness to change, and are more introspective. While ultimately not many are interested, most are willing to talk to us, and are curious. I am pleasantly surprised, but I guess I shouldn't be. I already know from personal experience that a lot of people with a fierce aspect are actually very nice.

I've been having TV problems recently. I see or hear something and I think, oh I wish I could watch that right now. I've also been casually exposed to enough novellas that I can identify the characters. Not good. I do not like novellas. I've seen too many Hispanics who really think that's how life is. They are really addicting too.

Right now, I'm in the Apple store in Chicago (missionaries in the city do their e-mails here.) We're here to have some fun today. We won’t get in trouble, don't worry. I'll tell you about it next week.

Brief note: I have no idea where my Stone is. It's not boxed up, though. Check my computer drawers. No drivers needed.

I appreciate the effort to get me a new player, but keep in mind that I can't install drivers. That’s part of the reason I liked my old one: it was recognized as just a regular thumb drive. if you insist on getting me a new one, I'd prefer to stick with the creative brand. They’ve done well for us. Also, speakers included are nice, but an exterior speaker set would be just fine by me. Also consider the power problem.

I love and miss you all. I got mommy's little package, but it was open on arrival. All that was inside was the letter and the keychain that said "HMM&S." (What is that supposed to mean anyway?)

OH! Did Rhawnie get her letter?