Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Email Received February 9, 2011: Grrrr....


So. My thumb drive just died.

I was downloading a song from the new LDS youth site, when my drive started getting hacked. Not even a little hacked. I think someone tried to install some sort of boot-on-plugin junk, because windows kept telling me things like, "Could not download file e:?#E.rk, data has been lost."  I tried to eject it, but couldn't, so I yanked it and restarted the computer. now I can't do anything with it - windows always says that there is a program accessing it. I might be able to fix it on a 98 or Vista machine, but not on the silly locked down XP's the library has. I feel awful, because I had a lot of the music you guys sent me on there, and all the fliers I've made for baptisms and events and stuff, not to mention a whole pile of articles that P. Doll sent me. I've already lost everything on it once before. So I'm pretty upset.

That said, this week has been OK. Not much has happened since I last e-mailed you, aside from the fact that it's gotten COLD. We went out knocking last night at about 0 degrees, and we lasted 45 minutes before we decided we could afford to show up at the next appointment 10 minutes early. It feels very weird to lose sensation in your knees.

In other news, one of the dryers in our laundry room is not working right. It's shrunk several of my things, including my footie pajamas, my gray jumper, and a few of my sweaters. Not to mention that it melted one of my sets of fuzzy socks so that they're not fuzzy anymore, as it did to Hermana's blanket.

I'm going to stop now before I think of other bad things that happened, or before my spelling deteriorates any more.

Love,

Hermana Maren Jones.